Saturday, February 13, 2010

What's New

Well, I knew that I'd be back, but I did not realize that I would have to have surgery first. Nothing to serious, but enough to put off getting onto my blog for a little while.

I had a Lithotripsy. This is a procedure where doctors, knock you out, stick a tube down your throat and get to play laser tag on your kidneys.

The hospital takes an x-ray of your kidneys, to see where exactly your kidney stones are, then they zap them with a laser.

this helps to break down the bigger ones so that they pass with less pain. This is a very good thing.

Of course, I just summed it up in my own description. I'm sure there are more educated, medical terms I could have used, but I think this way sounds more fun and less confusing, LOL.

Lucky me, I get to do this again in about 2-2-1/2 weeks on the other kidney.

I complain, but really I am grateful for this procedure. Enduring 2 stones a week has been excruciating and I have felt so worthless in my home, because of this.

On the other hand, I feel like I appreciate being healthy so much more.

I look forward to getting back to my blog. I really enjoyed passing on great prizes and contest information.

It's always fun to win something, RIGHT!?!

No comments: