Friday, September 9, 2011

I Hate Technology!!!!!!! Follow Up

So I have spent many hours today trying to fix this computer malfunction.  I sat on the phone twice for what seemed like forever, and they told me that it could only be fixed in the Apple Store.

Not liking that I would have to spend money on gas, drive to Houston, spent money to eat, maybe they would maybe they wouldn't fix the problem, and I'd have to miss out on spending some rare and much needed time with my family:  I kept up until I figured out how to fix the problem, myself.

Perseverance proved to win in this case.  I figured it out and at the least it is up and running....it does not contain Microsoft Office or the OS X, but at least I can get on the internet.

So, I have decided that I am actually much better at researching and figuring out problems with my computer, than I thought.

PS.  Is it just me or is it really scary that Apple Service Techs can't figure out how to solve a problem with their products, but a housewife, who is not technoloically savvy, can?



Well once again I will not have a computer. My Dell Inspiron died after 2 years, and now my Mac ( less than a year) is not functioning. They cannot help me over the phone on my Mac, so I have to drive an hour + away to get it fixed.

I think technology sucks! I don't know why it has to be so hard to keep computers working. I am now on mission to find a computer that is low maintenance.

If you all have some suggestions or experience please let me know!

No comments: