Wednesday, May 6, 2009

New WORD Wednesdays!!!

I decided it was time to add some flavor to my blog. I keep saying that I will add something, and today I think I figured out what it will be.

I have seen the awesome blogs that have Wordless Wednesdays, and I would love to do this, but I am one of those bad moms that forgets to bring her camera with her, anywhere, so I decided on "New WORD Wednesdays"!!

What is this, you say?....Well, I thought it would be great to learn a new word and definition each week.

I am a mom, my language consists of, "Yes, No, and Maybe so's", and a few extra words or two, between the taxi ride (me as the taxi driver) to any of my four kids' activities.

While these things above are a blessing, I think it would be nice to add a little spice to conversations with other "adult" people.

Though I may not be up on the "news" at least at the end of a busy Wednesday, I can say I learned something new...so welcome to:

funny-animals-01-laughing-horse-1.jpg picture by barnesofgrace

lugubrious \lu-GOO-bree-us; -GYOO-\ , adjective:
Mournful, dismal, or gloomy, esp. in an affected, exaggerated, or unrelieved manner.





The family had lugubrious expressions on their faces, during the funeral service.

Not the happiest of words, but I bet you did not know this word before today. Next week, a happy word!!

No comments: